Friday, March 04, 2005

Panic sets in!

Well, plans are moving along to move. Scott gave notice today, quit his job, 4 weeks time. I will also be finishing up then too, although I have not embarked on the finality that is resigning. Don't get me wrong, everyone knows I am leaving here, including my boss, who was so quick to tell me that I had told everyone except for him, jackass.

Anyway, I am not entirely sure how I feel about this now. The costs of the move are mounting up and I am getting stressed about it. We have to borrow the cash from Scott's folks to move there, after the wedding we are just so broke. This doesn't sit quite right with me and yet I know that it's the only way we can get ahead the way that we need to.

It's true, I will welcome the change but I am going into unknown territory, isn't it right I should feel a little apprehensive?
It's fine for Scott, he's going home. For me- daunting, Living with your husband's parents at a time when we should be living in our own house. We've had ample opportunity to buy a house, espcially in today's consumer world, where you don't even need a deposit to get a home. But I really want to travel. I want to see the world before I settle down for the mortgage, white picket fence and 2.3 kids. I guess my fear is that we will be no better off.
I am also afraid of the unknown. I have only ever been to Brisbane 3 times. I know it's a nice place, I just wonder if we will become stuck in a rutt there too.
Anyway, must remember to remain positive. No sense in stressing about things that could be.
*sigh* It's going to all be fine.

Isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hammy Goonan said...

Fuck 'should' and fuck 'could'. Who is to say what you should be doing right now. If you want to live the Australia dream of a home, white picket fence 2.3 kids and a holden that's cool.

If you want to do what ever the fuck you want that too, is cool. I saw a band last night, The Hibernators. The lead singer was a mad-man, and married with two kids. So there you go.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home